Help needed with TV wiring

1carrot2

I got my house rewired a few months ago. While the electricians were in I got them to wire each room with coaxial. Aside from the 2 rooms connected to NTL, the rest just end in the attic. I have decided to switch from NTL to Sky. I have booked just 2 digiboxes. I would like to be able to view RTE, TV3 etc. in the rest of the rooms. What are my options outside of the old rabbit's ears?

If you mean RTE, TV3 etc... through sky, i think you need to pay for it.

But if you mean the usual way,(but not rabbit ears) coaxial cable connected to "antenna in" on your tv works just fine. well it does for me. especially for RTE1 & TV3.

Two points.

1. the cables from your satellite dish to your sky boxes need to be separate individual cables. Also the cables and the connectors are not the standard coaxial type but specials.

If your boxes are sky plus type then you need two dedicated cables to each box so if you have two boxes you need 4 feeds from your dish to the boxes.

From the boxes to your TVs a standard coaxial cable will do or better a scart lead if the TV is beside the box.

You can feed TVs in other rooms also from your Sky box with coaxial cables but the second TV will show the same picture as the first as each box can only output one channel at a time.

It can be useful though for say watching a Tv in a bedroom if no one is watching the main TV.

You can buy "magic eye" units in any TV shop which allows you to change channels even though the box is in another room. They work by sending a signal back up the coaxial cable to the "RF2" terminal on the skybox.

Back