help needed, vw polo wet passenger floor

kieran160

my little sis has a 97 vw polo she came to me in a panic tonight. raining havily all day and tonight the car floor passenger side is saturated with water which is coming from the vents under the glove box and behind the centre consol its her first car she just started driving so money is tight so dont want to go to a garage!!! any suggestions quickfix ??

Check the pollen filter cover,thats usually the first port of call for cabin leaks.

Behind the panel lining on the door there is a plastic membrane this is either missing or has come loose also check the bottom of the door underneath, the drain holes are not blocked, you will need to take up the carpet and underneath will be a sponge type pad this will have to be dried and re-fitted. hope this helps.

if a VW, almost certain to be water coming in the ventilation system because the drainholes are blocked. These carry away water that runs off the windscreen, past the wipers and in behind the bonnet.

My Skoda filled up with a couple of gallons of water for this reason early in the summer when the rain was so heavy. Don't know where the drain holes are actually, but the water builds up and floods into the car through the pollen filter.

Was charged a fair amount in the garage to clear the drain holes so if you can do it DIY then all the better - have a look under the car in the region of the front wheelarch, close to the doorpost.

thanks for the advice spot on, the drain holes were full up with leaves, the water had only one place to go, down the vents! very quick fix

Back