Help needed - buying from Amazon

onekeano

Been trying to order through Amazon for some time with no luck. Tried email them but the responses have been pathetic and just provide a circular loop in response to the query.

When I get to the position of despcting the order I get the following:

*** Unfortunately the item cannot be delivered to your selected destination. You may either change the delivery address or delete the item from your order by changing its quantity to 0 and clicking the Update button. ***

The address I use is a very normal Dublin address whic I have used for lots of web ordering with no problem. I suspect Amazon are looking for a UK type postcode but would appreciate any advice.

The address is something like:
Joe Bloggs
7 Shandon Park
Phibsboro
Dublin 7
Dublin
Ireland

Thanks
Roy

I have come across this problem, but with the sellers who sell through amazon and not amazon itself.

My response was to buy elsewhere, rather than chase it down with amazon.

TarfHead said:
I have come across this problem, but with the sellers who sell through amazon and not amazon itself.

My response was to buy elsewhere, rather than chase it down with amazon.

Who did you go with TF? have to say it's infuriating as it appears to me to be an Amazon issue but all I want to do is order the shagging books!.

Roy

onekeano said:
*** Unfortunately the item cannot be delivered to your selected destination. You may either change the delivery address or delete the item from your order by changing its quantity to 0 and clicking the Update button. ***
Some Amazon third party resellers don't deliver to certain countries.

try putting in xxxxx as the post code. If you have a dublin address all carriers ( royal mail/omega express etc will find you). On some sites I have visited they put in an obligatory tel number. on these I just put 123456789.

ClubMan said:
Some Amazon third party resellers don't deliver to certain countries.

I would say this is the problem.

When you choose your vendor, click on "learn more about delivery destinations" This will let you know if your vendor will ship to Ireland. If not, select a different seller.

www.ShopIreland.ie is Amazon's Irish front-end. Have you tried going through that? Also, Amazon do not ship some electronic goods here which is a pity because they've got some good prices on 32" LCDs.

I was on Amazon.co.uk - Bought 3 books for around £16. The postage and packaging was £11 - is that not excessive ?

In many cases buying from Amazon and other online retailers invoves significant postage & packing charges but can still yield savings in the long run especially given Ireland's geographic location. GBP£11 P&P for several books is not necessarily excessive depending on the type of postage (e.g. expedited, signed for, insured, registered etc.) and the weight of the books. The value/cost of the books is irrelevant to the P&P charges. You takes your choice and you pays your money if you decide it's worth it...

Back