Help, Microsoft Office has locked down

theoneill

I’m running MS Office 2007 on Windows Vista and now it has locked down as I forgot to activate it.
Basically the mouse will not work in MS word. I have found out the procedure to unlock it however because the mouse will no longer work I cannot navigate to the area to activate the programme. It seems to be a catch 22.

Has anyone experienced the same problem and if so how did you resolve it?

Any help would be great, thanks

I tried that last night ClubMan, no joy. I tried to re-install but it must have placed a hidden file somewhere as the problem just repeated itself. I also tried to delete the password registry but it wasn’t there to delete. Microsofts advice centers around navigating to the activate section but as I said that’s a non runner.

It’s a legitimate copy of Office and now it’s useless

If it's legitimate then get onto MS support and get them to sort it out since you have paid for it.

The mouse is only one method of navigation - if the keyboard is working you should be able to use it to navigate to the relevant area - use the Tab key.

Can you explain what you are trying to navigate to - where it is, is it greyed out, is it within MS Word itself etc....

Basically you click on the logo on the top left of word. A window opens and there are several options. The first option has focus and the tabs will only work within that section. The option I need is the last one but there is no way to get to it. Otherwise the menu looks normal, nothing is greyed out.

Google it - I found this:

[broken link removed]

which has some interesting stuff to try posted by 'boogerjones'

I suggest you go back to MS Office 2003

I know a business that recently uninstalled MS Office 2007 and reverted back to MS 2003 for similar reasons as above