help me choose between two foci please!!

rduane

Hi,

i have been offered for the same price (13,800) two 2005 ford focuses 1.4LX

1) Black, alloys, 30,000 miles
2) Green, no alloys, 20,000 miles

I do about 10k a year myself. I hope to change car in 3-5 year timeframe.
My question is will there be a big difference in resale value between the 20k and 30k and will the alloys/colour make any difference?

Personally, i would prefer the black, alloys but not for the sake of 1,000 euros if that is the difference between lower mileage and midrange mileage in 3-5 years time.

Thanks,

R

alloys + tyres = 1k (to buy separately, new)
black = desirable colour

go for the black one.

In 5 years time, it'll be a 7 year old car, and black focus with alloys will make a much easier sale than a green one without....even with 10k miles extra on the clock. If they have a similar service history, then no big deal.

Same here! Which one would you like to drive for the next 3.5 years? Resale value at that time is impossible to predict, but "saleability" would suggest the black one with alloys.

Thanks for replies.
Would prefer to drive the black with alloys but not at the expense say of 1,000 euros in resale value due to the higher mileage.
But from your replies, it looks like the higher mileage would be cancelled out by the alloys and black colour when it comes to resale.

Has anyone ever heard of a 12 month warranty that costs 200 euros per year and is renewable every year up to 100,000 miles?
I have been offered this aswell on one of the cars.

Thanks,
R

Buy a Zetec.

Alloys, aircon, sports seats plus uprated suspension all standard.

1.6 is miles better. 1.4 is a bit gutless.

p.s. Black is really difficult to keep clean and shows any tiny imperfections in the paintwork too.

I was told that green cars are harder to sell than any other colour and the price reflects this....because no one wants them?

Hi pennypincher,

i have been told this also..... but dont know whether this is true or not?

R

It is.

White and Green are the hardest colours to move on usually.

Silver, red, and black are handy.

Did I read somewhere green is supposed to be unlucky for a car colour?? Have to agree black with the alloys ..... wins everytime

Did I read somewhere green is supposed to be unlucky for a car colour?? Have to agree black with the alloys ..... wins everytime

I've heard this too but having had 3 black cars over the last few years never ever buy a black car again.......hard to keep clean,every stone sticks out like a sore thumb (although I've never found a sore thumb on the car so it's hard to compare)

I agree with Irish_Fire - Silver is your only man. You can get a few scratches and not really noticeable, Similarly, it is less obvious when it is a bit dirty