HELP!!!! Laptop Problem

Very_Worried

Hi! I have a laptop. which will be out of warranty at Christmas.

The problem is I have a straight line coming down my screen, I sent it back to be fixed about two weeks ago & they put a new screen in it, but the problem came back today, what should I do about this??? I am ringing them in the morning, but will they fix it or say they cant do anything cause they already fixed it???

Thanks!!

No need to worry....it`s still under warranty and will have to be repaired free of charge..no question about it.

Tanx 4 ur help!! would I be entitled to look for a replacement laptop or will they just fix it again!!!!

Hi! I have a laptop. which will be out of warranty at Christmas.

The problem is I have a straight line coming down my screen, I sent it back to be fixed about two weeks ago & they put a new screen in it, but the problem came back today, what should I do about this??? I am ringing them in the morning, but will they fix it or say they cant do anything cause they already fixed it???

Thanks!!

Whats the model of the laptop. That doesn't sound like the screen but a graphics card/chipset problem. I'm going to guess it has a nvidia chipset and might be a dell?

Good sold have to be fit for purpose (Sale of good and supply of services act). Clearly this machine is not. Does anyone think the OP is entitled to his/her money back?

What people think has nothing to do with it.

The shop is entitled to fix a faulty product, before offering a refund. How many times they can fix it (or attempt unsuccessful fixes) before they should offer a refund is a another issue.

So far they've only had one attempt.

Back