Help, I've been blackberried

zag

I have been upgraded from a regular phone to a blackberry in work and I can now unfortunately check my mail 24 hours a day.

Does anyone know if it is easy/possible to modify the display so that it doesn't display the mail count ? The temptation to keep checking it will hopefully be less if I don't see the counter keep increasing.

I don't mind keeping up to date with the mail when I am in work or during idle time, but I really don't want to see there are new mails when I come out of the cinema, go shopping, etc . . . . I don't mind the mail being there, I just don't want to know about it.

Thanks,

z

... but I really don't want to see there are new mails when I come out of the cinema, go shopping, etc ...
So like, is it embedded in your person? Throw it in the boot of your car during off-peak hours lest you become a crackberry.

You can change the sound emitted so that you know if its an email or text or voice message thats arrived, if thats any good.
The best solution is probably turning it off!
R

decani - the problem is that it is my phone as well, so when I go to ring home or send a txt after work hours I automatically get to see that there is new work mail for me.

As I said, I don't mind getting the mail, I just don't want to know about it unless I specifically go to look in the mail folder.

Meanwhile I have temporarily fixed the problem - I have downgraded back to my Nokia, so all is well again. However, at some stage I need to start using the thing for work, so I hope I can get rid of the mail notification.

Runner - at the moment it seems to be silent when mails arrive, so that bit is OK thanks. I would love to turn it off, but then non-work people couldn't contact me. I have a feeling I may resurrect my old non-work personal number in the long run.

z

One way to do it is to disconnect the email account and then connect it back up again when you want to start getting emails. It's a bit of a pain and not something I would do for the weekend but have done for holidays and longer breaks.

My phone company is vodafone and I can change the filter on the mobile email website so that no email goes to my Blackberry.

I did find one thing that was usefull - in email options you can set it to display either the unread count or none on the front page. When I set it to none I don't see the number of mails increasing . . . . result !

z

Back