Help!!!Info on Gas Boiler installation

Sinbad311

Hi,

I bought a house roughly this time last year, it needed mordernisations, re-wiring, re-plumbing etc.
It has been rewired and replumbed apart from the gas boiler... and my plumber has since gone AWOL. The problem is I've no heating in the house at present and as we all know, winter is on the way and I've a three year old child in the house..
Has anyone any idea of:
1. how much this will cost to install (I have the boiler and all parts etc. needed to complete the installation
2. Will a plumber take on a job like this? I'm worried that although the water side of the plumbing is finished, it is somebody elses work that they may not be willing to finish

Any info or help or recommended tradesmen would be appreciated

Ps.. I dont really want any replies about where the original plumber is gone etc... Just want useful info on how to get this sorted asap..

Thanks,
Simon

If the gas plumbing has been put in place by the previous installer,
and now another installer has to come in a finish (and certify)
what someone else started RGII will have to be involved in the handover

Thanks DGOBS,

Any idea of what this would cost? One plumber told me it was only one days work, labour only as I have all the parts needed. Yet he came back to me with a quote of 520 euro.
I thought this was quite pricey (nearly 60 euro an hour), could be wrong though.
What does anyone think?

Thanks

Hi

Maybe if you put up a post looking for a recommended plumber in your area.... you might get a few responses and can get quotes from each to see if what you've got so far is pricey or not