Help for trip to Bruges

Scrappy

Hi! I am new to all this so apologies if anything is incorrect. We (hubby & I) would like to return to Paris but this time spend maybe two days in Bruges. I would appreciate any ideas / tips on how to do this. We would have about 6 days in total. Any replies much appreciated. Would prefer to fly from Cork but could go from Dublin. It would be September when we are thinking of this break. Thanks in advance.

your best bet would be to fly into either paris or bruxelles then fly out from the other rather than flying into paris, going to bruges then back to paris and flying back from there. with ryanair there's no difference in buying one ways.
you could use this site for train times from paris to bruges
http://www.bahn.de/international/view/en/index.shtml
seems you can go from paris to bruges in 2.5 hours, not bad.
use for hotel advice/ratings for both cities

i'd agree with comment above makes the most sense to fly into either paris or brussels and fly out of the other.
to get from charleroi airport (ryanair brussels) or brussels airport to brugge is easy enough. charleroi airport is a short bus journey( buses are pretty regular and leave from right outside) from the train station of charleroi. brussels airport is linked up with the rail network already
train details can be found here

I agree that it makes sense to do an open jaw return, i.e. flight out to one airport and back from another.

Thalys is the name of the international trains from Paris to Brussels.

http://www.thalys.com/

There are plenty of direct trains to Brussels, where you can change onto a Belgian train for Bruges.
There are also 4 direct Paris-Bruges trains per day, taking 2h30:

[broken link removed]

If you book in advance, the fare is as low as 25/30 one-way.

[broken link removed]

Also note that there is a special ticket to and from CRL airport in Belgium.

It is valid for the bus from CRL airport to Charleroi railway station, and then for any train to any station in Belgium

It costs 11.00, which is good value. The airport bus on it own is 2.50.

Back