Help! Flight needed from Lisbon - Aer Lingus full

sherib

I´m looking for a flight home from Lisbon next Monday 25th Sept. Have just found that the Aer Lingus flight from Lisbon to Dublin is fully booked.

Since I need to get a flight home on 25th, does anyone know how I can find out if there is a waiting list for Aer Lingus cancellations? Does anyone know a phone number either in Portugual or Dublin so I could speak to someone in Aer Lingus?

The only other flights to Dublin, e.g. British Airways etc take from 6 - 8 hours! TAP have a flight on Monday 25th but since I'm on the coast I would have to be at the Airport at 5.30 am.

I'd be very grateful for any help since I need to get home next Monday.

Looking at expedia, opodo and skyscanner the only sensible flight does appear to be the TAP one.

There is a [broken link removed]which takes forever.

Good distance out of your way...but there's a flight from Faro that evening to Dublin at 1950 for €135. You could easily get a train from Lisbon during the day. Beats travelling through a London airport!!

Thanks sueellen and muzaway for your replies. I´ve booked the flight with Tap for 193 euro even though it means getting up in the middle of the night! The Aer Lingus flight was a better time, departing 3 hours later but with no certainty of getting a standby and cost probably well over 300 euro. I´ll plan better next time.

I´ve never met more hospitable people on holiday than the Portugese. The hotel I´m in and location are just great, close to beaches and with a 2km prominade to the next town - Cascais. There are plenty of restaurants reasonably priced and they don´t hassle the tourists as in so many other places. All the staff in this hotel are so pleasant and helpful, it´s a welcome change from rude and ignorant waiters in a hotel in Dubrovnik last year. It´s just the place to chill out and be pampered - so highly recommended.

Last edited:
Back