Help Desk/Support Software

paulocon

Hi,

Not sure if this is the best place to post this but looking for suggestions of web-based helpdesk/customer support software. Had a search on the web but would be interested in seeing what others out there are using (and recommend). Looking for something to let customers log their support calls and then be easily able to track progress etc. by our support staff..

Thanks in advance..

clubman,

I suppose...
I think CRM may be somewhat of a more encompassing term. What we are looking for is just a web-based customer-support application which will let users log and track issues on software that is already installed...

I spec'd out a system back some years ago - so any product information I would have is out of date. However, the big thing for you to do is to work out exactly what you want. (don't forget, there's need to have and nice to have functionality, you may pay a lot for the nice to have stuff!)

- Price - There is huge variation here from free to the sky's the limit. A lot is based on the size of the database
- Functionality, numbers of people that can add to it, what the entries are, etc..
- Flexibility
- Ability to link in to other modules, e.g. SAP, technical databases, etc...
- Ability to fit in with existing processes/systems

If you are just looking at the very basic is just a database with a front end to your web page.

Our purpose was slightly different, we wanted out support staff to log the call, not the customer. We just went with an in-house written database but with the knowledge of what the limitations were. We were looking at max 5 people writing to the system with up to 30 calls/mails a day. We also then used it as the basis for our knowledge base.
It wasn't ideal - but fit the purpose, and without funding to upgrade kept us going.

Dem

Hey Paulocon

Why don't you try this software - Supportcenter Plus, I think it fits to the T for your requirements.. Its extremely cost efficient compared to the competitors...

Just a couple of heldpdesk\CRM systems that I've used over the years;
Vantive, Remedy, Clarify, Notes, Altiris.

None of the above are especially cheap but they can be purchased on a per user license so can work out ok. In my opinion, Altiris\Clarify are the best ( for SLA reporting, automating escalations\notifications etc)

Back