Help...Creative Zen Touch 20GB

noddy

Buying an mp3 player for my son for christmas. I have had alook at this one for €250. I have had alook at some of the other threads but not seen this one mentioned.stores 5000 songs, 24 hours bat life, large lcd screen. All advice thankfully recieved because its always second to none. He is 16 years of age. Do i get it, you decide. THANKS IN ADVANCE.

Re: HELP..CREATIVE ZEN TOUCH 20Gb

Is it a portable mp3 player? Seems very expensive to be honest for a 16 yr old. Storgae of 5000 songs is based on a average size of an mp3 and I personally can tell you that they vary in size a lot for example one song I have is 6.62 mb, another is 4.70 mb, now this might not make sense to you but to a music user it will. this actual product can be got from Komplett [broken link removed] for €199. hope this helps. :)

My young monster has a Creative Zen 20gb and loves it. Not sure if it's a Touch one though. All I know is my wallet got touched for over €300!:D 20gb is a lot really, I'm sure he'd survive with 10gb.

Sorry Noddy, I just see the book for the MP3 here beside me and it is a Creative Zen Touch, 20GB. My youngster definitely loves his, he's not here at the mo to comment but I'll ask him. We definitely paid in or around €325 for it in the Duty Free during the summer so €250 is good value.

Yep I have that one for a year now. It is fantastic to say the least and does everything it says on the tin. My only issue with it is size, i is rather bulky and in hindsight I wish I went for the - it's memory is smaller, but it should still easily store everything he could want. (BTW: i'm one of these sixteen year old)

onlineprint ,ribena, CGorman, thanks for your advice and wisdom.Talk about exspensive for a 16 year old, a new play station and 2 games parents have to buy for younger childern nearer €400.I will decide on monday,its looking good for him. P.S. HOPE SANTA IS GOOD TO YOU ALL.

Ribena Junior definitely would recommend the Zen Touch. He reckons you'd need 20GB, says the lad with only a tenth of the memory used up so far!

Hi,

I've had one of these for a year now and it's excellent. 20 GB is plenty. One warning, for the want of a better word, is that it does not have a built in radio . You can, however, buy a radio attachment that connects into the mp3 player but this will cost you another € 60 ( if you can find one - creative have been sold out of this for months ) Better bet would be the new Creative Zen Sleek mp3 player ( I think it costs about € 270- €280 ) it has the exact same functionality but it is a lot slimmer and has a built in radio.

Thanks to every one for your advice. I went and got the new creative zen sleek as you advised bazman. Much nicer and neat. It cost €269 in d.i.d. sold out every where else. MANY THANKS AND AHAPPY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL.

Back