Help: cost of clearing garden & putting up garden fence

M

miaandlisa

Hi!!
I need to get someone to clear a back garden. There's not a hell of a lot to do really. Clear some overgrown shrubs etc. Also, want to erect very basic wooden, panel 6ft fence down both sides of the garden, 72ft approx.
I'd say 2 days would get nearly everything done, 3 days max, especially if there were 2 people doing it.
I got a quote of €2500 (to clear garden and put up fence) from a contact but feel this is extremely high.
If anyone has had any experience of getting this kind of job done please advise....

thanks in advance
(Dublin 22 area)

Might be wrong but I'd imagine just the materials for the fence will probably take up a lot of that €2500? 2-3 days of 2 people = about 5 days of labour, so if this is a legit company with all the expenses that go along with it, I'd say it's probably a reasonable quote.

check out heiton buckley for fence prices, i fenced in one side of a 80ft garden, for hevy duty fencing, (the green wire stuff around factories) it was €1700 so i just decided on the cheaper wire mesh 7ft high for €170, i have had no problems with this for a 10th of the price and its easy to do your self if you rae anyway DIY friendly, the wooden fence can blow over if not properly cemented into the ground