Help, CLutch gone in 2009 A4, not claimed on warranty

jashar99

I bought a used 2009yAudi A4 from Isaac Agnew in Belfast 7 weeks ago. It is the 2.0 TDI saloon, and I have put approximately 2000 miles on it. It had 10,500 miles done when I bought it, and was a Demo model sourced by Audi UK. It also had 2 tyres replaced also when I bought it. Last week, while driving back to DUblin the clutch suddenly went, without any prior signs of slipping.

It was brought to Park Motors Service Dept. They state that the clutch shows signs of burning and that it will not be claimed on warranty but they will send off a report anyway just on the off chance. I informed Isaac Agnew in Belfast, who are holding on saying anything until a decision is made on the clutch by VW Ireland Group.

I've never had any mechanical problems on any of my previous car, have no penalty points, convictions or endorsements on my licence. The car was nursed to and from work by me when i had it, definitely not abused.

Any advice on how I should proceed would be greatly appreciated, I get the feeling that I am going to be asked to pay for the work done in the likely event that VW Ireland do not cover it on warranty.

You have a contract under European consumer law with the NI dealer and this link should give you more information - [broken link removed]

Hi Caveat,
Yeas the implication is that the burning shows signs of driving the car "hard", this is opposed to finding a broken fly wheel for example which a driver could not be responsible for, as i believe.
Thank you for the reply mathepac

... a broken fly wheel for example which a driver could not be responsible for...
These dual-mass fly-wheels have been known to go - its the torque (or kerb-side / generic remapping of the ECU) that busts them. I had one go on a 1.9 TDI (130 bhp) and the clutch was actually in good nick. The mechanic did the lot once the engine was out (> 4 years old, 50k miles, no warranty :( )

Back