Help available to staff new business

celtic

I have recently set up a new business in service sector. It is going very well and better than what I expected in first couple of months. At the moment I have no staff and no help whatsoever and I am desperate to take on someone to keep shop open and answer phones so I can meet clients and concentrate on building up the business. However I cannot afford this at the moment.
I have contacted Fas and asked if it was possible to take someone on work experience and hopefully in 1 year I would be able to pay a wage. (even parttime) They were of no help whatsoever and I was told to contact social welfare and inquire about back to work schemes. The person I spoke to there said that they only help employees and not employers and to contact Fas.
He was extremely unhelpful.
I have contacted Enterprise Board and they said they could not help me as I was in service sector. Surely there must be something in place.
How come the creche I send my sons to can take someone on one of those cedp schemes? They are not a voluntary organisation.
Is there any help available to help new businesses?????

Hi Celtic, Could you perhaps use a telephone answering service? There are a few around and they can handle your inbound calls. Sure this won't solve the problem of manning the shop but it could be a low cost way to at least have the phone answered. I think this service can be had from around €100 upwards.

In terms of keeping the shop open and meeting clients you are going to have to modify your opening hours and try and juggle both if you can't afford any hired help.