Heineken zero

There's approx 0.03% alcohol in it so it's not totally alcohol free. Enough alcohol to make it taste good and give you a bit of a buzz without having to worry about being breathalysed or too much of a hangover the next day.

There are quite a few AF beers out there now, my wife would prefer normal Carlsberg but hated the AF version whereas she liked the Heineken version. If you like wheat beers the Erdinger AF one is pretty good. Apparently the Guinness Pure Brew one is decent too.

Stiegl Freibier 500 in Tesco is very nice. There's an IPA in Lidl (blue label) which is also good. Not as nice as the "real" thing but if you fancy a beer after a game and want to drive home it's the option really

Hello,

I agree about Stiegl, it's a very good beer. Likewise, Eirdinger's non alcoholic offering is good.

Another non alcoholic beer that's very tasty, is a beer called "Moonlight", produced by Wicklow Wolf. Its widely available in O'Briens, SuperValu etc.

I suspect that the large majority of beer drinkers could not tell if the beers in my post were alcoholic or not, if asked to do a blind tasting.

IMHO, Heiniken Zero is okay, but only barely...

I like Erdinger and Paulaner's alcohol free beers. Weihenstephan also do an AF beer that's alright, nowhere near as nice as their proper beer. I might buy a Wicklow Wolf Moonlight for a driving day as they do some great beers.

Heineken 00 would be way down on the list for me but sadly it is the one that pubs use most.

In the States, I thought O'Douls non alcoholic (0.4%) was the best pilsner style one I'd tried - better than Heineken Zero and a lot better than Carlsberg zero.

I guess I like a little sweetness but I'd be inclined to throw a splash of ginger ale into the zero beers.
In the past, I'd just get a gingle ale with ice and lime if driving - though I'd only have a couple of them.

There's approx 0.03% alcohol in it so it's not totally alcohol free. Enough alcohol to make it taste good and give you a bit of a buzz without having to worry about being breathalysed or too much of a hangover the next day.

you're not going to get any "buzz" from 0.03% alcohol. There's probably more in a carton of orange juice.

Anything below 0.5% is classed as non-alcoholic, but even 0.5% isn't going to have any affect on you, you physically wouldn't be able to drink enough of it to get drunk,

Heineken 00 would be way down on the list for me but sadly it is the one that pubs use most.

I was in a pub over Xmas that had H0 on draught. I was driving so it was great having a few "pints" and being able to drive home. Of course, when I got home I made up for it!

Will be having it again tomorrow in the pub to watch united.

I found it grand. But it cost the same as normal Heineken when i thought it would be cheaper.

SBarrett said:
.... I might buy a Wicklow Wolf Moonlight for a driving day as they do some great beers.

If you like All Day IPAs for example, you should really enjoy Moonlight.

As for Heiniken Zero, Carlsberg Zero, Pure Brew etc, I can't say that I'm particularly fond of any of them... These massive companies have only rolled out these non alcohol beers to grab market share and try to block the smaller independent brewers, but even now, won't provide us with a top quality product.

Also, isn't it time that someone compelled these companies, and the publicans, to justify the prices being charged for non alcoholic beers?

5.20 for a pint. Bought two. Would have thought it would be cheaper with the 0.02% alcohol.

Made me go to the bathroom as much as full strenght heineken. i would have thought the lack of alcohol would reduce the need to piss.

Back