Heavy Metal Appreciation Thread #2

Didnt think Maiden were good then??, it was a fairly "greatest hits" set-list complete with all the trimmings of various Eddie's, crash bang wallop pyro effects etc.

They were good but it was the same set I'd seen a month before so didn't wow me. I'd prefer if they left out "Rime of the Ancient Mariner" and added in a couple of other songs instead.

How was the Metallica gig Cahir?

I thought about it and decided against it - I've more or less given up on outdoor gigs myself, especially in bad weather. Saw them in the RDS (06) and they were excellent.

It was alright but I've seen them play better. The location was a total disaster to get to and from on the "special" Dublin buses so ended up missing the support bands.

The set list was good, with only one new song and they finished up with Last Caress, So What and Seek & Destroy. I would have loved if they played Motorbreath though. It was a good gig but it didn't really excite me.

I'm never going to Marlay park again though.

Theres been some great bands in Marley this last few weeks - Muse, Metallica, Bloc Party - i'd love to plod along but that outside lark, praying it wont rain does my head in

Anyone make it to AC/DC recently?

Maiden were in digital cinemas (only Dungarvan, Swords & Dundrum in Ireland) about a week ago with Flight 666 world tour documentary. Its coming out on blu-ray DVD in May/June.

My mate went Betsy and said to my surprise (and even a little to his surprise) that they were excellent. Great sound and generally good song choices.

Apparently nothing at all from Powerage though which would have disappointed me - had I bothered going that is.

I was at AC/DC and it was amazing. The crowd were great, the stage looked fantastic and the songs were perfect as expected I wish all gigs were that good.