Heaviest Element

Purple

The Nuclear Physics Department of the University of Stellenbosch has discovered the heaviest element yet known to science.
The new element, Governmentium (Gv), has one neutron, 25 assistant neutrons, 88 deputy neutrons, and 198 assistant deputy neutrons, giving it an atomic mass of 312.

These 312 particles are held together by forces called morons, which are surrounded by vast quantities of lepton-like particles called peons. Since Governmentium has no electrons, it is inert; however, it can be detected, because it impedes every reaction with which it comes into contact. A tiny amount of Governmentium can cause a reaction that would normally take less than a second, to take from 4 days to 4 years to complete.

Governmentium has a normal half-life of 2 - 6 years. It does not decay, but instead undergoes a reorganization in which a portion of the assistant neutrons and deputy neutrons exchange places.

In fact, Governmentium's mass will actually increase over time, since each re-organization will cause more morons to become neutrons, forming isodopes. This characteristic of moron promotion leads some scientists to believe that Governmentium is formed whenever morons reach a critical concentration.

This hypothetical quantity is referred to as critical morass.

When catalyzed with money, Governmentium becomes Administratium, an element that absorbs just as much energy as Governmentium since it has half as many peons but twice as many morons.

Excellent Purple! Now if those very same scientists could devise a way of ridding the known (and unknown) universes of these pesky varmits, it could be put in a Green Paper for starters.

Excellentium!

A paper on the following reaction is a candidate for the Noblesse Oblige prize next year :

Money + Governmentium + Administratium -> Broke Ad Infinitum + Status Quo Ad Nauseum

Mellifluousum eloquentium Mathepac - ut usitas

This thread is starting to remind me of inter cert 1977, a certain christian brother and Homer. ( no not that one, the other one )

Great post Purple!!

Do you think we could try to break up the new element by shoving it into the Hadron Collider.....? Oh please, let's try!

Great post Purple!!

Do you think we could try to break up the new element by shoving it into the Hadron Collider.....? Oh please, let's try!

I just copied and pasted from an email... no way am I smart (or funny) enough to come up with that!

Governmentium is now widely used in various mathematically models.
This is one fo the more simplistic equations

P = 1/(G-c)

P= progress
G = Govermentium
c = cop on ( The quantity of neutrons forming Gv with cop on )

As you can see below progress is inversley proportional to G.
But the effect of G can be offset by the value of c.

Taking purples value of G (312) and lets give c a value of 10
P = 1/(G -c)
P = 1/(312-10)
P= 0.003 (rounded)

There are log type tables availble to evaluate the result but basically at a
glance
within 3 decimal places eg 0.003 = where we are now
within 2 decimal places eg 0.02= steady
within 1 decimal place eg 0.1= real progess

There are only 2 ways only to increase the value of P (get closer to 1) .
Reduce G or increase c. this would get you within 2 decimal places.steady
Reduce G and increase c. ths would get you to within 1 decimal place. real
progess

Note:
G can never be 0
G can never equal c (theres always an idiot, this has been proven)

I have way too much time on my hands!

lads... i just repsonded to a joke with a probably a bad joke. Dont get the "delicious irony" , id like to know whats ironic about too much time on my hand s in relation to a joke. Also no need to speculate on where i worked ...tis was just a joke.. lets drive on

Your call dockingtrade - steering wheel or joystick?