Heating system broke again nightmare need advice.

B

bettlegal

Hi,

I have a gas heating stystem which broke last year..all of the radiators stopped working and the sytem made an awful noise. Had the builders plumber look at it as house was only 6months old. After a lot of messing and delays in the plumber coming to get it sorted he replaced the boiler and the system seemed to work.

Now in the past few days the heating sytem has broke again..all the radiators upstairs and now downstairs are freezing cold. Yesterday evening they were mildy warm. I dont know what to do, I have asked my dad to have a look at it but wont be untill the weeked as he lives ages away.

When I turn on the sytem it starts flashing at 28 degress no idea of what this means because when the new boiler was installed we never got the manual of it as they took it from another house in our estate.

Does anyone know if I have any comeback with the builder? Im really at my wits end over this. House is freezing, no hot water, small child. My partner just wants to call a plumber and let them sort it but im worried this will be an expensive job and want the builder to sort it out as it was never right from day one. Or is 19months in new house to far gone for them to even consider looking at it?

If anyone has any suggestions on what I should do it would be a great help or any idea on what I try with the boiler/radiator to get it going again? :(

Re: Heating system broke again nightmare need advise.

hi

I am in the same situation myself.I got quoted €2,500 to put in a new boiler.My boiler is only 8 years old but i have read pottertons circuit boards give trouble.Im lucky my uncle who owns a heating wholedsale business has a plumber to do it next week.Im hopefully getting boiler for €600 and the job should be no more than €700.if you have got a new boiler your boiler should have a guarantee with it.I would not pay the plumber again but i know a lot who promise to come out and will not.What area are you in?

Back