Heating options

emmage

We are thinking of putting in a new kitchen in the next couple of months and I just wondered what you would recoomend for heating.

We have the large kitchen area tiled, the back of the house is all glass and even though it is well insulated, we are cold in the winter...

I am told that putting in underfloor heating will be so expensive and a messy job as the floor and tiles have to be taken up and a new screed put down etc...though I have no prices yet...

Is there any heating that you would recommend?
Would a stanley create enough heat...we don't want too many rads. Solar panels would be great as it is a south facing flat roof but I think that they only heat the water?

Many thanks in advance
Em

How big is the kitchen? have you oil heating the house?

You have the option of fitting kick space heaters, they fit under the kitchen units, they are connected to the radiator system and are fitted with a fan to increase room warm up. all the user will see is a narrow chrome/gold etc grid at bottom of units.

A stove would warm the area unless it's huge.
solar panels mainly heat hot water only.

We are thinking of putting in a new kitchen in the next couple of months and I just wondered what you would recoomend for heating.

... flat roof ...
You might want to check this first. No matter waht you do heating wise, if this isn't properly insulated you will suffer constant heat loss.

Back