Heating oil ran out - boiler won't start after refill

Brouhahaha

Hi,

I ran out of heating oil and got a refill but the boiler won't now start. The power light on the clock doesn't light. There's what I believe is a reset button on the boiler itself that I tried but nothing happened. Any suggestions why that might be?

Thanks

You'll have to bleed the system as air will now be in the supply line from the tank. This is how I did this on my own system recently after changing the fuel filter:

Go to the oil tank and locate the fuel filter. You should find a small bleed nut on top of the filter housing, have a clean tin or plastic container at hand to catch oil drips whilst you loosen the head of the bleed nut. allow the oil to run for a few seconds until it starts to spill out over the bleed hole. You may see some air bubbles initially. Tighten the bleed nut and pour the oil back into your tank. Fire up the burner and see what happens, should do the trick.

If that does not work, do the same thing where the fuel goes into the burner, had to do this regularly myself, but on gas now tg.