Heathrow to Slough

zag

Does anyone know how easy it is to get from Heathrow to Sough ? Looking at it on the map it is just up the M4 so it should be easy.

Any ideas how long it takes by taxi or whether there are any buses serving the area ?

z

There is definitely a direct bus from Heathrow to Slough as I have friends living in Slough and got it once or twice. Although that was a few years ago I'd be surprised if the service has stopped. Alternatively you could get a taxi but be prepared to pay 15-20 pounds sterling for a ten minute ride. You'll get the bus from Heathrow central station and it shouldn't take you more than 25 minutes depending on traffic.

Did this by Hackney on Friday.

Cost was £18 Going and £16 returning.

I was advised to get a hackney as the black cabs will charge much more. Less than 15 minutes journey.

Compass Cabs (Slough) 01753577577.

Hope this helps

Try to arrange a mini-cab to pick you up from Heathrow (if you don't know a number just pick one off yell.co.uk - i'm sure there's a few in Slough)

Problem with getting a black cab to points to the west of Heathrow is that it's outside the taximeter area so they can largely charge you what they like (though I think there's some sort of tariff posted as a guideline) - and they like to charge lots.

Slough isn't far at all - but it would possibly cost you £40 in a black cab ? ... As the others mention getting a local mini cab is the way to go.

Public transport wise there may be a bus - alternatively the Heathrow Connect train to Hayes (there's a bus from the Bus station too) where you can change for a train to Slough.

Yes, there are definitely buses from Heathrow direct to Slough. It takes about 20mins. Fares £1.50 the last time I used it. If you ask at the Central Bus Station information desk right outside the terminal they will tell you which number/platform.