heathrow; time from 1 flight to another?

macnas

How long should I allow in Heathrow to get from incoming flight, collect case and get to connecting flight? Both in terminal 1, I think. Is 2 hours enough?

I would give at least 3. If you're in another terminal, you might even want to give it more. You need to allow for delays to your first flight. Also you may be able to check your bag through to the final destination.

This might sound over the top but it happened to me that I left only 2 hours once, my first flight was delayed by over an hour and I missed the second flight.

2 hours is fine if its the same terminal..a little tight if you have to change terminals but certainly doable if you don't have to claim luggage....If you are changing terminals, wear comfortable shoes...although there is a bus between there are still long walks to and from gates...

Is it a through ticket or are you purchasing two separate tickets to make your own connection ?

If it's a through ticket then 2 hrs is fine for T1-T1 connections it's within the legal minimum and is generally adequate time, and if something goes wrong they'll have to accomodate you.

If it's not a through ticket and you're making your own connection then I would advise allowing a bit of extra time (especially if it's later in the day as delays tend to build up through the day). If it's not a through ticket and an late inbound flight causes you to miss your connection then theoretically the onward airline has no obligation to you and can tell you to get lost.