Health Insurance Renewal February 2020

Lemon2000

Hello, I'm renewing Health insurance for myself and three children (aged 11, 9 and 4) in February. We are currently on Laya Essential Health 300. I was considering improving our plan to include everyday health costs, but only if the premium didn't increase significantly as we don't visit the GP very much on average. I went to the HIA website but I really didn't have much luck, there are just too many policies to choose from. Renewing with Laya would mean that I only pay for the first child (at least on the current policy) but I don't see any obvious 'deals' like that from other providers. Due to a mild existing condition, any major hospitalisation would be to Crumlin for the children and James' for me but minor day cases might be any where. Would appreciate any advice as I am feeling overwhelmed here! Thanks.

Hi Lemon2000,

The following Laya plan would be the nearest adult plan to include day to day health costs. There is also extra upgraded hospital cover to include
the 2 hi-tech Dublin hospitals. (Blackrock Clinic and Mater Private). Details as follows;

1. Laya Inspire plan; price 1140pa; all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, private/hi-tech excess capped at 150 x 2 max per year for
all private admissions, day case excess 50 per procedure. There is no excess to pay in any public hospital. Good day to day cover included,
50% refund for gp visits, consultants, dental, optical etc. upto a max of 1000 refund per year.
https://www.hia.ie/comparison-tool/...jayI6ZmFsc2UsInBsYW5fZGV0YWlsX2lkIjotMX19XQ==

For the 3 children, I would leave them on Essential Health 300, to avail of the special offer - to pay for one child and the rest are free of charge.
There are no similar offers with the other providers.
It would be too expensive to switch them to a plan with day to day benefits, for example Inspire plan @ 284 per child would cost 850 approx per year.
The savings by staying on Essential Health 300 will cover whatever medical expenses they would require.

Regards, Snowyb

Apologies for the delay in replying, but thank you so much SnowyB. That's a great help to me, I'll renew as above. Appreciate you taking the time to reply. L.

Back