Health insurance for my fiance and me?

positivenote

Hi guys,
neither me or my wife to be have any health insurance and we are looking at getting some. Im in the TUI and they are recomending VHI as they get a group discount... im totally open to whichever company provides the best. Looking at the VHI as a guide what policy do people recomend for us:
29 and 34 yrs of age
Non smokers
Both healthy with no history of hospital admittence
Neither has asthma

Any advice would be welcomed asim totally new to this and want to get it sorted sooner rather than later.

Thanks

There are many existing threads on health insurance options that might be worth reading. Along with the consumer info on the HIA website www.hia.ie

Hibernian health are currently offering a sale price on most of their plans. Their we plan level 2 is currently €220 per adult cheaper than VHI plan B with options - a saving of €440 for a couple like yourselves in the first year alone. Their plans are similar, I'm a broker that sells Hibernian health so check out www.hia.ie for an independent comparison.

www.powerinsurances.ie

I have always had my health insurance with vhi, but recently changed to quinn mainly due to the cost, I am now getting it almost €150 cheaper for what I can see as being the same cover that I was getting with VHI I was on plan B options and now its the essential plus (no excess) with quinn. My partner also decided to join as he had no healthcare ins. up to now, so we are saving almost €300 per year, we are in the same age bracket. I got the literature from both companies regarding the similar policies and from what i can see there is little/no difference. I was also given the option with quinn for claiming back 50% gp fees etc if i went with for a similar policy called family care for i think €20/30 extra. just make sure that the hospitals in your area are covered no matter which plan you choose, as when i went to vhi to cancel my policy i was asked to reconsider and try a different plan costing less but it turned out that most of the private hospitals in my area were not covered for some serious illnesses.

Back