Health Insurance Health ins renewal

JustOli

Hi Folks..
Our health insurance will be due for renewal at the beginning of March '22
My present policy is Laya's Simply Connect. The new monthly rate is e 233 for the two of us. We are aged 69 and 71.
Is there another policy I could look at with the same benefits but cheaper..
Thanks in advance..

Hi Folks..
My present policy is Laya's Simply Connect. The new monthly rate is e 233 for the two of us. We are aged 69 and 71.
Thanks in advance..

We have that policy too, and, after exhaustive research, I can advise that computer says a very firm 'no'!

Last edited:
Hi JustOli,

You might get some advice from this podcast https://www.rte.ie/radio/radio1/clips/22045086/

I had a quick look at VHI PMI5310 which I think Dermot Goode recommends in that podcast. The day-to-day cover seems good in it.

As far as I can recall when I had a quick look on the www.hia.ie website the cost was similar to your premium but you would need to double check that as its a while since I looked at it.

Some of the content from this previous AAM thread might help also.

Also to bear in mind is the [broken link removed]

The cover may not be as good as your existing policy with Laya as Shirazman says so do your homework :)

Hi Folks..
Thanks in advance..

Hi JustOli,

I would agree with Shirazman.

Given what it offers at the price point, Simply Connect is one of the better Corporate plans available.

It fully covers a semi-private room in private hospitals, excluding the Mater Private and the Blackrock Clinic, with €150 excess per claim on the first two private hospital claims per member per year.

No excess applies to 5 orthopaedic procedures (hip and knee replacement) in 12 private hospitals. This is important as we grow older.

The family excess on everyday medical expenses is €1, all benefits combined are subject to a €500 outpatient refund cap per member unless specified otherwise. What this effectively means is that if both members have €1000 of qualifying expenses they will both get €500 back.

There are cheaper plans available but not with the same level of cover offered by Simply Connect.

I hope this is helpful.

Thank you all for your help..
I think it's best to continue with my plan.
Thanks again...

Back