Heading North for Bank Holiday- Any suggestions

dieter1

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica] [/FONT]We are heading to the North for the bank holiday weekend. Not sure where to go, but will be going countryside (i.e. not belfast or derry). Any tips for gourmet hideaways? Would like a nice place with special food, something different……we dont mind whether its carlingford or ballycastle, but finding it hard to find stuff online regarding decent food. Someone mentioned Farnham which we are looking into.
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]
Any ideas?
[/FONT]

when exactly is the bank hols? sorry to hijack the thread enjoy your trip

You could try Portstewart and around the Causeway Coast. Portbalintrae is also nice, if looking for somewhere quiet.

As for food, The Ramore Wine Bar in Portrush is good!!

Dieter1
Try the Raddisson Roe in Limavady.
Halfways between Derry and Coleraine. 2 restaurants in the hotel - both are wonderful. The hotel is really quiet and has a leisure center.

Ideal for a relaxing break.

My favourite hideaway spot.

The website link even shows you a sample menu.

[broken link removed]
I have not been there for two years but I believe it is still as good as ever.

Paul24

Try the Galgorm. Nice old time country manor outside Ballymena. I was at a wedding there in March lovely area and now has spa opened. Only 30 min drive from Belfast.

We are heading to the North for the bank holiday weekend. [FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Any ideas?[/FONT]

Enniskillen, go to Mc Nean House in Blacklion to eat (It is the best restaraunt in Ireland after Peacock Alley at the top of Grafton Street). It should be a Michelin Restaurant, set menu €58 for seven courses, in Dublin it would easily be €125 plus. Lakes are beautiful and loads of walks and other leisure activities. Could not recommend highly enough and near to Dublin.