HDMI Cable for blue Ray

bamboozle

HI,

CAn anyone advise the cheapest place to get HDMI cable to hook up my blue ray player to TV?

thanks

Shop around, but make sure that the cable can support the higher picture quality, especially for bluray. While some of the cheaper ones are HD, they can't cope with 720 or 1080.

It's clearly displayed on the packaging, info. Here, expect to pay €40+, Powercity will do cheaper ones starting at €15, but see above caveat.

Shop around, but make sure that the cable can support the higher picture quality, especially for bluray. While some of the cheaper ones are HD, they can't cope with 720 or 1080.

It's clearly displayed on the packaging, info. Here, expect to pay €40+, Powercity will do cheaper ones starting at €15, but see above caveat.

Please don't pay €40+, you will gain no benefit. HDMI uses digital signals, the standard was designed specifically to work with inexpensive cable. You can get up to 5m long cables using basic construction that will fully comply with the HDMI 1.3 standard supporting 1080i.

Please don't pay €40+, you will gain no benefit. HDMI uses digital signals, the standard was designed specifically to work with inexpensive cable. You can get up to 5m long cables using basic construction that will fully comply with the HDMI 1.3 standard supporting 1080i.

Is this true? sales guy in DID electrical was trying to flog me a cable for €140 cause it was the only one which supported 1080,
i was under the impression the basic (cheap) hdmi cables dont support the 1080?

thanks

Sorry, my post wasn't clear, I wasn't saying you should expect to pay that and was backing up the argument to shop around (even from the UK). Just check the cable information first, some of the lower priced ones in the shops don't support full HD.

If full Hd is supported, then irrespective of the price you will get full HD.

Is this true?

Well who do you believe, a sales droid thinking of this commission on selling a length of wire which costs as much as blueray player, or your fellow AAM'ers who give free advice while wasting time at work?

If money is no object just buy this 1.3 Spec cable at £3.79, at 1.5m in lenght you will not notice the difference!

Is this true? sales guy in DID electrical was trying to flog me a cable for €140 cause it was the only one which supported 1080, i was under the impression the basic (cheap) hdmi cables dont support the 1080?

It sure is, check out the Knowledge Base on HDMI.org for details and the full tech spec.

HDMI technology has been designed to use standard copper cable construction at long lengths.

The HDMI standards body provide a certification facility, whereby they certify interconnect quality as meeting the prescribed standards. As with many such professional cetrification programs, this is a huge money spinner.

Just because a cable isn't certified doesn't mean it won't do the job, especially at the cheaper end of the market where maufacturers don't pay out huge certification fees and then licensing costs on each unit sold.

I had a similar conversation with a salesman in Peats a while back, he was unable to justify his recommendation.

I presume you meant to say 1080P rather than 1080i? Its actually 1080p that is recognised as full HD

Like every other cable a man needs. EBAY, everything there 4 a song, i got an 8mtr cable there for €2 plus €3 p+p. Bargain

Back