HDD Multi media player

T

tabletop

Hi all
I am looking for a multi media player with a built in hard drive. Are these available or has anyone any experience with them?
i want to store videos, photos etc and play them via a hdmi connection direct to my tv.
any help appreciated.
Thanks

Didn't see any with HDMI , but couple with DVI, component and VGA but all are absolutely no advantage for standard definition video and photos, a HDD recorder does the same job, extra nice if it had USB or ethernet.

Hi all
I am looking for a multi media player with a built in hard drive. Are these available or has anyone any experience with them?
i want to store videos, photos etc and play them via a hdmi connection direct to my tv.any help appreciated.Thanks
I have a 250gb 'LifeBox. It does these things but connects by S-Video not HDMI.

Advantage over HDD video recorders is that it connects to your PC as a mass-storage device, making it easy to transfer to ti.

Down-side for this model is that it's very slow and crops the length of the song names in listings. Also does not seem to use playlists & no WMA support

So, choose carefully, some can be noisy too.

hi all, i was thinking of starting a new thread on this subject myself...
What im looking for is a dvd player with a hard drive, so i can use it for recording content off the tv to hard drive and watch it at a later date. The thing is and here is where my ignorance starts to show, im looking for one that will playback .avi files and has a usb so i can transfer content from my computer. Does such a device exist and if so what would i be expecting to pay for it...
thanks in advance for any replies

sell those Archos media players. No HDMI connection but a DVR cradle with RGB & S-Video. Can record from and play back to the TV, and can as work mass storage when attached to a PC.