HD tv

levelpar

Recently bought a Full HD tv on the basis that I could get a HD service from NTl. I had checked on line and the service were listed as available in my area .

However , when I rang NTL ,I was told that the service was not available on my ROAD but was in the area .

I was wondering if changing to Sky might be worthwhile.

There is a satellite dish at the front of the house with cables into the house ,downstairs and upstairs .The dish was installed by previous owners but not used by us as our account was with NTL

Any advice would be appreciated

Depends on why you want HD & what you expect to get for it.
Sky have the most channels available and a free HD box (but an installation charge?)
But I think you pay €15 a month for the HD pack. Of course you also have to pay for the movies & sports packages as well if you want to watch them.
If you want to watch movies, it might be cheaper to buy a bluray player and rent/buy disks (players down to €99 now).
If you already have the dish & cables, then you may be able to get freesat. Only 2 HD channels (BBC HD and some ITV), but you'll get a freesat HD box on ebay for less than €100. I got one for the world cup this summer!

Back