Hawaii

N

neilc

Hi. Thinking of going to Hawaii for my honeymoon in August. Would like some info from people who have visited!!

Hi neilc, went to Hawaii on my honeymoon, we did San Francisco first for 5 days and 10 days in Hawaii. Great time, great people. Stayed in Hilton, on Wakaii beach, lovely.

Cant say enough good things about it.

Thanks a million for your reply. What month did you go there?

Hi,

Went to hawaii in late October .... stayed on on Oahu - just on Waikiki beach ... it was absolutely fantastic ... the weather was great (although it did get dark early-sih .. about 6.30/7 pm). Lovely restaruants - espeecially the Cheescake Factory

Be warned though ... it is very far away ... on the way out we stopped in L.A. for a few days and Vegas for a few days (Vegas well worth a stop-over, especially if you include a trip to the grand canyon) - but we didnt stop off anywhere on the way back and were half dead by th etime we got home!!!

We did the same back in September '99 and found it could be pricey. Oh, and if you see a turtle swimming around Waikiki with a gold ring around it's neck, take it back and PM me. Although I think one of the guys that goes around with a metal detector each evening probably picked it up. The Waikiki Hilton is a posh gaff alright. Bumped into the general manager when we were there. He's from Belfast. We stayed in the Holiday Inn which is just around the corner. Don't forget to fit in Pearl Harbour when you're there. And don't be afraid of jumping into a Limo when your hail a taxi. There's a lot of them about.

We could never figure out why they had interstate highways on Hawaii though ...

Guys thanks for all your info. Should we spend our 14 nights on one island ie Oahu or should we consider island hopping?? What hotel would you reccomend in vegas? We are planning on 4 nights on the way out.
Regards
Neil

I would spend all nights in Oahu, you can always do day trips to the other islands if you like. You have to fly to them though.

stayed in MGM in vegas very good, friends stayed in New York New York, and they loved it well worth stopping off there.

Niall M said:
I would spend all nights in Oahu, you can always do day trips to the other islands if you like. You have to fly to them though.
I would disagree with that advice . We went to Hawaii on honeymoon in May 2000. We spent the first week in a condo on Maui. We found Maui very relaxing, which was just the ticket after the wedding and the long flight out. We spent the second week in a hotel on Waikiki. After Maui, we found Waikiki a bit of a culture shock; very busy, and the famous beach totally over-rated. However, Ala Moana beach (not sure of the spelling...) nearby is much nicer. If you go to Oahu, you should do Diamond Head, and the Arizona Memorial (go early to avoid long queues).

Rory