Having recessed lighting & outlets installed - costs & other q's?

jccf2003

We're going to convert our living/dining area into a kitchen/dining area, but at the moment there's just a single ceiling light in the middle of the room. We'd like to put in recessed lighting (or some other really good lighting) plus under-cabinet lighting. We will also need new outlets installed in the room. Can anyone give a rough estimate as to how much this would cost, or do I need to give more info? (We would get someone in to do it)

Also, the kitchen will be along the wall that joins our neighbours house; I heard somewhere that if you put outlets along that wall it really affects the sound - we do NOT want to have that happen! So, will it be difficult to have all the outlets etc along the other wall or is there some way we can get that worked out? Will installing recessed lights have any effect on the way noise travels?

Thanks!
jccf2003

roughly about €70 per point but if you are fitting recessed lighting you would need to be prepared to get a plasterer in after depending what way the joists are running,
all dividing walls are solid so as regards to sound travelling that wont be an issue

Ah, never thought of that (needing a plasterer) and I'm guessing it'd be next to impossible to get one in for a tiny job like that. So we wouldn't need a plasterer if we just did plugs and a different kind of lighting? Thanks a million for pointing that out!