Having problems with Aer Lingus

Marcecie

I had to cancel a trip to the states for health reasons which was booked with Aer lingus. I notified them on April 5th and requested email confirmation as I need it for travel insurance, they told me it would arrive withing 30 mins, nothing happened so I phoned again on 10th,11th, and 12th each time having to hold for up to 20 mins to speak with the operator, each time they said it would be sent out but it never arrived(my email is working ok) I rechecked to see if they had correct email they did. I then emailed on 13th reply said it would be sorted withing 8 hours, still nothing what should I do next?

I don't understand. If you paid for the trip but had to skip and are now claiming on your travel insurance then surely you have the unused tickets which you can use to support your insurance claim?

ClubMan said:
I don't understand. If you paid for the trip but had to skip and are now claiming on your travel insurance then surely you have the unused tickets which you can use to support your insurance claim?

I don't know what type of ticket the OP had but these days with e-tickets its possible you would not have paper tickets thus no way to prove they are unused by producing the original paper ones. To prove you did not use an eticket you would need confirmation from the airline.

Presumably you got the name of the operator each time you rang , so that you will have some comeback, even at a later stage.
Rgds
Billo

Hi everyone,
I booked online so Insurance want confirmation from Aer Lingus that I cancelled and that they have refunded me taxes part of Invoice.
I have got the name of person each time I called, I have emailed again now giving full details of each call and who I spoke to so hopefully I will get a result.

Marcecie said:
(my email is working ok) I rechecked to see if they had correct email they did. I then emailed on 13th reply said it would be sorted withing 8 hours, still nothing what should I do next?

Have you checked your spam mail box? Sometimes emails from unknowns can go directly there.

yes I did check spam box, got another reply to my email today they will be in touch.