Haven Mortgages Redress

Suzy123

Hi

Just wondering if there has been any cases of redress with Haven Mortgages Ltd (subsidiary of EBS/AIB)? I received correspondence from Haven stating I was being refunded Legal fees (litigation had begun years ago but sorted now). Not reimbursed to me but taken off the mortgage. Just wondering if there's any news on mortgage holders not being offered a tracker mortgage when they should have been? I bought my property in July 2008. Had fixed rate for five years, then 'Variable Base Rate' (never understood the term). I had been advised by a friend I should have been given the option of a tracker rate at that time, then saw the article on the Irish Times. I understand it was uncovered by the bank (AIB) themselves that they had made the error. How can I find out more about this please? Or is it a case of waiting for the bank to admitting to error (if there was) and contact me?

Thank you for your help

Have a look at the EBS threads. Haven was the broker arm of EBS, so had nothing to do with AIB at the time. They merged after the crash.

Just to clarify: Did Haven write to you stating that you are being reimbursed because you were overcharged and should have been offered a tracker after your fixed term ended? Or did they reimburse you for legal fees? Was the litigation in relation to a tracker complaint?

Back