Have You Tried The New Munster Wine?

Lex Foutish

I just picked a copy of The Cork Weekly earlier and there's an ad on the back page for Thomond Reserve wine (Sauvignon Blanc '08 and Merlot '07). I heard about it during the week and I also heard that a few of the Munster players are involved in the project. (Not sure if that's true). Has anyone here tried it?

It's €10.99 per bottle, bears the Munster rugby crest and is exclusive to O'Donovan's Off Licences.

I presume Davy Jones and Baldy Man have stocked up in anticipation of a good weekend.

Ah but Lex, Have You Heard The New Leinster Whine? or even The New Lunster* Whine?

*Thanks to Reggie Corrigan last weekend in the Sunday Times

I thought there was going to be a punchline in there somewhere. Cheese & wine or just cheesy?

Reggie Corrigan, the Eamon Dunphy of the Rugby world, pity he wasn't as loud with a rugby ball in his hand...

Reggie Corrigan, the Eamon Dunphy of the Rugby world, pity he wasn't as loud with a rugby ball in his hand...

To questions a man's ability on the field is fair enough, but to compare him to Plonker Dunphy....well, that's just below the belt!

Haven't tried it yet but I think its available at Thomond itself, I presume Musgrave and in O' Donovan's off licences. AFAIK its O' Connell, O' Gara, Pucciarello and maybe O' Callaghan. Will be trying it.

Or the one for elderly Leinster SUPPorters ........... guaranteed to give a good night sleep ........ Pinot More

We might switch from wine to cider for a few weeks. A small matter of collecting the Magner's League Trophy next week................

Did you hurt yourself falling of that high horse.....suddenly the Magner's league means something to the mighty Munster

Did you hurt yourself falling of that high horse.....suddenly the Magner's league means something to the mighty Munster

There was an awful lot of huffing and puffing from the crowd who won it last year, so it must have meant a lot to them also!

Can't remember who they were though......... Can you?