Have yahoo account, emails keep spooling/not sending?

muffin1973

Hi all

anyone else with a Yahoo account having problems sending emails? I thought it was our broadband until I tried it from work and had the same problem. I click send and the timer just keeps going around and around and it won't send. So I have to copy what I've typed, exit out of the window altogether and then go back in. It's really irritating and happens all the time.

Anyone else experiencing the same?

M

Is this a webmail interface or using an email client?
Do you get any errors?
Have you tried a different browser?
I did a Google search and there seem to be lots of reports/questions about (presumably intermittent) problems sending Yahoo email.

Hi Clubman

thanks for your reply. I get the message about there was problems trying to send your email, please try again.

It's just for emailing my friends, and it's always the same people I have problems emailing to.

I use Safari normally, will try it from Firefox see if it makes a difference.

thanks

M

So it doesn't happen all the time - just with specific recipients?
Do these recipients have anything in common - e.g. same sort of email address/service provider?
What is the exact text of any error messages that you get?

yeah, it's odd, it tends to just be these two friends who I jointly email all the time. No they have nothing in common email address wise, one has a gmail, one has a work address. It does happen sporadically with other people, but it's mostly the two friends.

Can't remember the exact wording of the error message, is along the lines i wrote above - you get hte option to try again, save to drafts or keep writing, so i choose keep writing and then go back, copy what i typed, exit out of safari, go back in, re-enter it and then it sends. Sounds convoluted but it's quick enough. it's just very irritating that it happens so often.

I changed to firefox there and just sent them an email with no problem. Could be the answer.

I did a Google search for "Yahoo email problems with Safari" and there are a number of links which may (or may not) be of relevance and interest?