Have we received overseas aid for our flooding?

BOXtheFOX

The Irish are considered to be very generous and charitable when there are disasters in other countries. We give generously to various new charities that are set up to help out plus we also give to the old reliables such as Concern, Trocaire, Goal etc.

I was just wondering if Ireland has received any donations from other countries to help out with our flooding problems?

Also our own home grown charities that assist others abroad do they have a department to help out with disasters in our own country?

i donated to irish red cross because i believe that it makes more sense to support local causes ...
i recently cancelled my support to overseas charities /with the exception of herorats.org/ because i lost my belief in what they do - recent kidnapping of aid workers only shows that by supporting foreign aid for countries like sudan etc you only support their corrupt governments and different guerilla groups and allow them to fight amongst themselves except for trying to achieve any kind of peace and cooperation ...

The Irish are considered to be very generous and charitable when there are disasters in other countries. We give generously to various new charities that are set up to help out plus we also give to the old reliables such as Concern, Trocaire, Goal etc.

I was just wondering if Ireland has received any donations from other countries to help out with our flooding problems?

Also our own home grown charities that assist others abroad do they have a department to help out with disasters in our own country?

The hardships by people faced in this country in the past few weeks, while unpleasant, are extremely minor compared to what the recipients of the aid we send overseas go through.

You should be thankful you live in a country which does not need such aid never mind coming on here looking for some.

The hardships by people faced in this country in the past few weeks, while unpleasant, are extremely minor compared to what the recipients of the aid we send overseas go through.

You should be thankful you live in a country which does not need such aid never mind coming on here looking for some.

i beg to differ - some of the people lost everything they owned, their lives will be changed forever because of this - i wouldn't dare stating that the hardship they face /and will face in future/ is unpleasant but extremely minor.
just because it's a shop assistant /or owner/ from gallway and not a child in sudan it doesn't mean their suffering is minor or that it will be SO easy to build up their lives again.
i really hate it, can't help myself, when people get all sentimental and teary about the suffering thousands miles away and neglect the suffering close to them.

Back