Have Venue in mind,Cost of the rest..?

suzinurse

Hi,

Not officially engaged just yet but we've seen the venue we want and are getting a great deal that we will be happy to take.

As this wedding will be on a very tight budget which we will be funding ourselves does anyone have any idea of the basic costs of other requirements?

Not looking for anything fancy,just essentials for us,for example:

Cost of Church: ?
Wedding Dress and accessories(on a budget)!
4 Suits and 1 Bridesmaid Dress ?
Pre-Marriage Course(presume this is mandatory for church wedding)?
Hair and Make Up for 4?
DJ.

Dont need cars,phtotographer or flowers as have this sorted?

So all in all could I manage to get the rest of essentials for €2000?
Am I missing out on any other essentials?

TIA

dress you can get for very cheap in oxfam on georges street they have a wedding dress shop i think they are actually shop samples that have been donated.

Suits you can get a good deal on if you shop around and go for something simple, bridemaids dress go to somewhere like monsoon or coast in kildare village

think the pre marriage course is around 100 euro but you also need to pay to register your intention to marry i think this is about 100 too. We paid priest 200. Do you have church music sorted?

hair and make up look around for deals.

Top tip get married monday - thursday and save a fortune we got married on a monday for a fraction iof a weekend wedding

Thanks for the reply Sandrat.

Have a great price for hotel which we both really liked so its just a matter of pricing everything else before booking so we dont leave ourself snookered...

I keep seeing people saying they've spent €15,000 upwards and I just cant figure out how it can add up so quickly so I'm thinking I'm obviously under budgeting!

I can see that a honeymoon would push the price up but I'm just curious without the cost of that at moment.

I feel that if we have dress,suits,venue,church and music sorted there wont be too much to add(as already have flowers and photog sorted.

Will have to do more research I think!

www.weddingsonline.ie is a great site for all wedding questions, i'm always on it myself!

Our pre-marriage course with accord was 200 but it depends on the priest whether you are required to go on one.
I'd second the oxfam shop and barnardos also have one in dun laoghaire, most of the dresses are new and have been donated by shops. Maybe keep an eye out for sales in places like debenhams in January for bridesmaid dresses.

Back