Have pharmacy with spare space. How would I find a GP?

coppers

I was inadvertently hijacking another post with this query so I'm posting it separately.

My wife owns a pharmacy + premises with additional space that might suit a GP.

How should one go about determining if a GP might be interested in setting up in the area (Dublin 6W)?
Where do new GPs looking for a practice hang out?
Where is a good place to advertise?

Thanks for the replies.

Ad gone to the IMT today.

Will pay a visit to my GP wo is not from the same area, might get some ideas there.

Thanks for the replies.

Ad gone to the IMT today.

Will pay a visit to my GP wo is not from the same area, might get some ideas there.

How'd you get on, coppers. Similar situation meself. Every penny counts these days!

Last edited:
How'd you get on, coppers. Similar situation meself. Every penny counts these days!

Hi outperform, only spotted your reply now.

Have you made any progress?

The add in the IMT generated quite a few calls from GP's but further investigation highlighted the need for specifically GP's with GMS contracts, none of the enquiries had one.

We subsequently leased it to a dental partnership which should hopefully generate a lot more footfall than the previous tenant.

However, we still have additional space at ground level with room to expand that would facilitate a practice(2 to 3 GP's potentially).

So still have my ear to the ground. Approaching local GP's that operate from home seems to be the strategy called for.

Other suggestions welcome.

How about a chiropodist? Or a physiotherapist?

They would certainly provide footfall but not the prescription-purchasing volume a GP would provide. Do the above prescribe?

what would the going rate for leasing space for a gp or allied professional?

Standard market rates for GPs(legislation forbids anything else), so depends on area; Dublin 6W is about €21-23 per square foot, per annum.

Why? Many GP's in the new outer suburbs don't have or want GMS lists.

My explanation was misleading about GMS. The point was that it is difficult for a new GP to establish in a mature suburb. New GPs tend to join existing practices in these areas not set up alone.
In general people stay loyal to their GP, good or bad. So attracting an established GP is the goal. Most GP's in mature suburbs have GMS lists.