have I been miss-sold critical illness cover?

baldyman27

Recently had my pension and critical illness cover reviewed.

Same institution but a different agent dealt with me this time from the agent that originally sold both packages to me.

My illness cover was costing 10% more per month than pension and now it is reviewed it is only costing half what it was.

Do I have a case for being mis-sold?

Quite angry as it is dead money that could have gone towards my pension instead.

Re: critical illness cover

Is the level of cover the same? If it was life cover I wouldnt be suprised as life cover has reduced in cost in recent years but critical illness cover has increased so it would be interesting to find out how the same level of cover could now cost less especially as you are now older than when you took it out. Is it a guaranteed premium or due to be reviewed again.

The problem with threads like this is the information given is too vague. Why don't you post full details. Could you have had a pension and a whole of life policy and the whole of life policy replaced with term based serious illness policy ? ie policy replaced with another ? Comparing apples with oranges me thinks.

Do you actually mean "overcharged" rather than "mis-sold"? The latter normally means selling something inappropriate whereas you seem to be talking about a simple alleged case of being charged too much.

As for the ombudsman - you normally have to exhaust the complaints process with the product provider in question first.

I agree with the previous post about there being too little hard info to comment more meaningfully.