Have boarding cards printed but only one person travelling

cappamj

wondering do I need to contact EJ as I have flights booked for two people from Gatwick to Knock and have boarding cards printed but just one person will be travelling (hand luggage only) in this time of high security will there be any problem

Let them know as soon as you arrive at the airport and surrender the spare boarding pass, won't be a problem.

Why not just bring your own boarding card with you and don't worry about the second non travelling passenger?

Why not just bring your own boarding card with you and don't worry about the second non travelling passenger?

Because they'll be expecting the other passenger and you could potentially deprive another person of the opportunity to get on the flight. It's not obligitory but i would consider it a common courtesy to advise them.

The original poster said "boarding cards" so I assumed that they had two separate cards. Surely what the other person does or does not do is their own business?

Just to clarify - the original poster's query was specifically about the potential implications of the second passenger not travelling in the current air travel security climate.

When I asked the question I thought it was both boarding cards on single sheet but have rechecked and they are separate. I will let check in know anyway as soon as I get there thanks.

Just to clarify - the original poster's query was specifically about the potential implications of the second passenger not travelling in the current air travel security climate.

Eurofan said:
It's not obligitory but i would consider it a common courtesy to advise them

Hope that's clearer.