hats off to the judiciary for doing their bit for the country.

NOAH

It gives me a nice warm feeling to know that people who are paid a lot more than their counterparts in other countries are digging deep to give our small little country some badly needed help. They can sleep easy at night knowing they are making the supreme sacrifice in our hour of need.

Ah .. a great place to live.

noha:D

I really think all this judge bashing is way over the top. After all they have until end of year to pay up. I am deeply suspicious when i see the likes of willie odea etc getting onto the bandwagon. It is a useful exercise to take the pressure off their own dismal record. While i am at it whaat about mr. cowen saying he is leading the Lisbon campaign knowing full well he is a liability and the result will be a resounding yes enabling him to claim the plaudits

I really think all this judge bashing is way over the top. After all they have until end of year to pay up. I am deeply suspicious when i see the likes of willie odea etc getting onto the bandwagon. It is a useful exercise to take the pressure off their own dismal record. While i am at it whaat about mr. cowen saying he is leading the Lisbon campaign knowing full well he is a liability and the result will be a resounding yes enabling him to claim the plaudits
\

Well said, agree entirely. Except the bit about the resounding yes for the Lisbon treaty, I'm not entirely sure about that yet.

We need to be very, very careful about allowing politicians to pressure judges, in particular on the matter of pay. I saw yesterday that one of the FG spokesmen is demanding a referendum on the issue of judges' pay.

We have seen the utter disgrace our political class has made of the planning, banking, environmental and regulatory systems in this country by exerting their malevolent influence. It should be a matter of great pride that this country has, and has always had (bar the one or two well-known scandals) a judiciary that is incorruptible and that manages to avoid bending to the political whims of the day.

We will rue the day we allow the likes of Willie O'Dea, or his counterparts in Fine Gael, to decide on judicial remuneration.

Back