Has the Screen Cinema closed down?

europhile

Has the Screen Cinema closed down?

And before anyone picks me up on it, yes, I know it's at the corner of Townsend Street and Hawkins Street.

Re: Screen on D'Olier Street

Still open though it looks a bit run down - [broken link removed]

It was closed last night. Was wondering if it has closed down for good or just closed for renovations or if that whole development is being knocked down.

That's a pity. If any consolation, there's a newish cinema in Smithfield - the Lighthouse. Great cinema.

Its definitely still open. I was there tonight. Can highly recommend The Edge of Love. Terrific film.

I've walked past a couple of times recently and it looked closed. Maybe its only open on weekends now?

Re: Has the Screen Cinema closed down? corner of Townsend Street and Hawkins Street.

It was closed on Friday night. I was having a cig outside the restauant opposite and wondering if it had closed entirely.....looks like it. Shame. It was my favourite cinema. There are now no southside cinemas in the city centre, and only Savoy, Cineworld, & Lighthouse northside.

Guys - its definitely still open. I was in the cinema last week!

I've just called The Screen to confirm it (and to convince myself that I wasn't hallucinating last week!) and they told me that they are open seven days a week and usually open around 2pm. The last screening is usually about 8.30pm and they close the cinema when that film is over.

Hope that helps.

We know you're not telling the truth. Do you know how we know? You said 'The Edge Of Love' was 'terrific'.