Has Kerosene home heating oil price changed since budget?

readysteadygo

I heard mention of the excise on home heating oil being reduce from 1st Jan '07 in the budget last week. Does anyone know what this means to the customer?? I need to order a tank of home heating kerosene (approx 1000 litres) and was wondering if I should hang on until 1st Jan - the tank is getting low and the mother-in-law is coming for Christmas so the heating needs to be working. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks and Merry Christmas...

Reduction in Excise Duty for Home Heating Oils (Kerosene and LPG)
The Excise Duty on Kerosene used for heating is being reduced from €31.74 to €16.00 per 1,000 litres with effect from midnight on 7 December 2005. The Excise Duty on Liquid Petroleum Gas used for heating is being reduced from €20.86 to €10.00 per 1,000 litres from the same date. These rates will be reduced to zero in Budget 2007.

The cost of this measure is estimated to be €1.5 million in 2005, €24 million in 2006 and €46 million in 2007.

Reduction in Excise Duty for Home Heating Oils (Kerosene & LPG)
The Excise Duty on Kerosene is being reduced from €16 per 1,000 litres to zero. The Excise Duty on LPG is being reduced from €10 per 1,000 litres to zero. These reductions are effective from 1 January, 2007. This follows through on the commitment in last year’s Budget when these rates were halved.
The cost of this measure is estimated to be €24 million in 2007.

So if Mother in Law wasn't coming for Christmas you would not have the heat on !!!!!

Back