Has anyone purchased a kitchen from B&Q in Cork?

Beatrix

I'm looking for a new kitchen and B&Q have a really good sale on at the moment. However, I have heard some horror stories about 5 month waits for deliveries (in the UK). Just wondering if anyone has ordered a kitchen from B&Q in Cork and if they have had any such issues. I need a kitchen fairly promptly as I currently have none and I really don't want to end up waiting for months on end.

My sister ordered a kitchen from B&Q in cork a few years ago and was not happy with them. In all it took about seven months for it to be delivered. To get it sorted she phoned up the manager and told them to collect what was delivered and that she was going to cash and carry to order a new kitchen. B&Q promptly delivered the outstanding units.

I think you will find that their service nowadays is somewhat different. I know somebody (a contractor / fitter) who has purchased two kitchens from them in the last two months and he reckons they are the business. The same contractor had been using 'In House', but their service apparantly has gone pathetic and since been taken over nobody gives a damn.

B&Q lead time for providing kitchens and bathrooms stuff is very very long IMO. I was looking at the bathroom few weeks ago, and got quoted 12/14 weeks for delivery. Most other shops i went to had a delivery lead time of 3 to 5 days.
On Sat, i was looking for a solder copper elbow. They were out-of-stock and the guy told me if will be Feb by the time they get some more in!!!

B&Q is OK if it is available in their shop and you can get it straight away, otherwise go somewhere else.

Also, i do not find B&Q particularly competitive on bathroom prices.
And on kitchen prices, they have a permanent all-year-around special offer on doors only. It looks to me that if they want to sale something for €10, they put a label for €20 RRP with discount of 50%.

Thanks for the info all. My overall impression at this point is that the service is somewhat unreliable/unpredictable.

hey

got a kitchen from B&Q in Cork in last few months. designed in store. delivered to Kerry in 5 weeks. recommended fitter installed in 2 days. no fault.

VT

Back