Has anyone been to Legoland?

Henny Penny

We are hoping to go next year ... Ryanair fly direct from Dublin to Billund .... but I wonder whether there would be more benefit in going to Windsor ... my danish isn't that good! Any advice would be welcome. Thanks

Hi Henny Penny

Was there during our August bank holiday weekend, Windsor that is. Kids and parents all loved it. Went for 2 days and both days were needed as there is a lot to do and some queueing to do on the popular rides( longest by far was 40 mins for big rollercoaster). Our kids are 7 and 4 and were able to go on all rides and rollercoasters. I would definitely reccommend it.
We flew to Bristol with Ryanair, rented car from Hertz. Bristol comes in on the road that leads to Windsor M4 , about a 2 hour drive.
Booked hotel (Novotel, Heathrow) through the Legoland website as it was the cheapest way. Perfect for a base with very good food on offer. Was able to use the Hotel Hoppa 2 days to go to Heathrow and use Tube to go into the city sights. The hotel was about 12 miles of motorway away from Legoland. I think having the car was a big advantage.
Parents knackered, kids wanting more but all absolutely delighted with their weekend away

Some friends of mine with kids aged 9 and 4 had an absolutely great time in the Windsor Legoland. They couldn't stop talking about how much fun the kids had...

Thanks for the posts. I was hoping to go to Denmark ... just to see the original legoland ... but if this is not possible we will give windsor a go - so thanks for the helpful advice.

Back