Has anyone any experience with transferring sums of €60k+ to Tastyworks via Currency fair

tax_moron

Tastyworks is an options trading platform, and I'm looking to move from speculative investing on Degiro (shares & eu options), to theta/options wheel investing in US stocks.

I'm a bit concerned about transferring large sums e.g. >€60k to Tastyworks as it has to be done via Currency Fair.

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with Tastyworks and sums like this (>€60k)?

Thanks in advance, feel free to point move this thread if it is misplaced too!

Last edited:
For anyone that finds this in the future, my transfers went through without a problem. Currency fair did require proof of funds, so a bank statement basically. Have done multiple larger transfers with them with no issues.

Funny timing that I updated this thread so recently.

So I have had some issues recently (last week, continuing to this week) with withdrawing money from TastyTrade through Currency Fair.

CF have changed their beneficiary name, and account number this year (2024) - and there have been numerous cases of transfers/withdrawals not going through (from TT to CF).

I was off the phone today from CF who recommended that I don't even try to make a transfer for "a few weeks"... Which is a bit disheartening to say the least.

According to TT, and CF - the problem is on CF's side and nobody can tell me what the issue is, or when it will be resolved.

I've also been on the phone to wise to try and accommodate a withdrawal but to no success. They are not currently offering USD denominated accounts which is what I need to transfer from TT -> wise -> my Irish bank account.

If anyone has any guidance on other ways to withdraw, I'm all ears.

Back