has anybody ever done an ignition course?

fingal15

Hey has anybody ever done an ignition course??I have mine next week and wondering how it works and what to expect?Does it bring your insurance down much?? Thanks:)

Re: Ignition course

I did it a few yrs ago in Cork and it was fine, first part was theory based, 2nd half was practical. In the practical part you drive a route, then the instructor repeats the route telling you what you did wrong, then you do the route again & try to do better the 2nd time around:)

It is all about observation, I am pretty sure everyone on my course passed and my insurance was reduced by 20% (think this only applies if your car is a <= 1.6litre).

I did it years ago and it was free and my insurance dropped from €2,800 to €2100 straight away and a further €700 following year. Its a handy course and I think the costs are around €150. I also did it in Cork.

my husband did it with hibernian and it reduced the price of insurane similar to mrman above

Don't understand the OP fully then - seemed unsure as to whether his insurance would be reduced or not - why do the course then?

Back