Has any one got Eircom or Esat BB in Aikens Village (close to Stepaside Co Dublin)

U

Unregistered

Just got a phone line installed and doesn't pass any of the eircom or esat line tests but the number of the sales office which i can see from my kitchen pass's.

Thanks,
Eain

Re: Has any one got Eircom or Esat BB in Aikens Village

Lots of new estates have a line concentrator or multiplexer (in effect a subexchange) while the 'sales office' will have an old analogue line back to the real exchange that has DSL.

I'd say nobody on your estate can get it until they install DSL IN THE SUBEXCHANGE itself

aha, something else i never heard of before. Thanks for that Tonka

Ring 1800512128 or 1800503303 to find out the definitive story, they can test your line pronto and can answer the question whether you are on a DSL exchange or a subexchange of some sort .

Tonka, rang them and they are going to test it out. Seems the web page is not the be all and end all. Thanks for the help out. I will see how i go.

Eain

It can take up to 4 weeks for a new line to be tested as testing is carried out in batches at exchanges.

just went up to the eircom bb checker and its telling me my line is now ready to go. Sound, am going to give it a lash and try ordering it now.

Thanks for the help.
Eain

I just talked to Irish Broadband and you can get there RIP Wave product from 18.95 a month. They give you 512k down and 128k up. The bad part is the contention ratio of 40:1. That being said there does not appear to be that many people using it in the area so your contention ratio could remain low until the product is being used by your neighbours.

Yes - that's been my experience too. Maybe some people get closer to the nominal maximum 512Kbps but I wonder. Besides, calling 512Kbps broadband is a bit iffy...