Has "add a payee" been disabled with UB?

GeneralZod

I'm trying to add my new RaboDirect accounts to my list of 3rd party payees in Ulster Bank's on-line system.

It lets me set up bill payments but says the service is currently unavailable for payments to other bank accounts.

3rd party accounts that I previously added in on-line are still in the list and working.

Anyone else having this problem?

If you wish to continue with this transaction please use Anytime Telephone Banking to contact our Customer Service Officers who will be happy to help you.
Maybe all this faceless online banking lark is making their staff feel deprived of human contact?

I know that with BoI you similarly have to ring them to add payees, although not with NIB (cold, Germanic types that they are...)

What annoys me is that they used to let us do it.

It's a bit like the mothballing of Concorde, or the SR-71 Blackbird. A technological step backwards.

What next, telephone only banking?

It lets me set up bill payments but says the service is currently unavailable for payments to other bank accounts.
I get this message when I try to log the details of an external account that I want to set up as a payee:
Anytime Internet Banking

This service is currently unavailable.

If you wish to continue with this transaction please use Anytime Telephone Banking to contact our Customer Service Officers who will be happy to help you.

I don't believe they have disabled it, I think it is more to do with short term systems issues